Million Dollar Pound Cake
Million Dollar Pound Cake has a fine, rich, smooth texture with classic vanilla flavor.
In this article, lets learn how to make this great cake by just following the simple directions.
TRY OTHER CAKE RECIPES
WHY DO WE CALL IT POUND CAKE?
True Pound Cake is a recipe that dates back to the 1700s. It gets the name of pound cake, because of how it’s made. Originally, the recipe called for one pound each of flour, sugar, butter, and eggs.
WHAT IS THE BEST FLOUR TO USE?
Cake Flour: Cake flour is lighter than all-purpose flour and produces the best pound cake.
DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO BAKE MILLION DOLLAR POUND CAKE
- In a large bowl, beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer for about 7 minutes until creamy. The butter will become a lighter yellow color.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. This time butter will turn to a fluffy white.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow yolk disappears.
- Pour flour to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. The batter should be smooth and well incorporated
- Get rid batter of lumps by stirring gently with a rubber spatula. Stir in almond and vanilla extracts.
- Grease pan with butter or oil. Sprinkle a light coating of flour over the greased surface
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan.
MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE,BUT BY EVERY WORD(JESUS) THAT PROCEEDETH OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.kjv